Ah, shipping. Shipping is so much fun. However, not all of them are going to be canon ships, so you’ve been warned now. Also, some of them technically aren’t books but I don’t care.
Down the TBR Hole is a meme created by Lia @ Lost in a Story.
Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!
IT WORKS LIKE THIS:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
I was tagged by the wonderful Ally to do this! Her answers are great (and, her blog is fantastic) so you should check her out if you don’t already follow her.
I won’t lie, I have a few bad reading habits, so I’m happy to call myself out on them! Anyways, let’s get this roast over wtih.
So, I don’t keep track of upcoming releases, which is the technical prompt from this week. So, I’m just going to list books that I’m on the fence about! Some of them are upcoming releases, but, honestly, I’m just picking books off of my maybe shelf on Goodreads!
Hello everyone! Months ago, I was tagged by the wonderful Melanie to do this tag. I’m finally getting to it. If you don’t follow her, you’re missing out, though! Melanie is the sweetest person ever. Her Instagram stories are insightful (and hilarious). And she also just started a booktube!
But, anyways, onto the tag!
I am a mood reader to the extreme, so this prompt will be… interesting. However, there were some books that I had hoped to get to but wasn’t able to because of mood, time, or I totally forgot.
2018 was the year I really discovered some authors! I’ve only included ones that I enjoyed reading, plus links to the books I read by them that will take you to the reviews.