Another day, another tag! A huge thanks to the ever wonderful Sara for tagging me in this! It looks like it’s going to be super fun, although it’ll definitely be long.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My boss calls me Cai because he likes one syllable names. So, Caidyn gets shortened to Cai. I prefer to be called Caidyn, but that’s what they call me Cai at work!
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I’m not a doodler. It’s never been my thing!
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I usually toss and turn until I get comfortable. But, if it’s just going on forever and I know I won’t be able to sleep, I usually reach for my phone to read a book until I get sleepy. I know reading on your phone doesn’t help much, but it’s what I do.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
I’m quiet at first, then I don’t shut up. A few weeks ago, I was told by a classmate that she thought I was an extrovert! Shocked the hell out of me.
5. What makes you cry?
Sad things? Usually, TV shows make me cry. I’m not a crier on my own and I need to see someone else cry to get me to cry. Also, super weird things make me cry. Like when Archie (Harry and Meghan’s kid) was born, I got super emotional. Also her mother’s day post made me tear up.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Just one thing?? I hate it when people talk and can’t realize when I don’t want to hear what they have to say. Like, my mom and a coworker just talk and talk and talk. But they need you to make noises and comments so that means I get distracted from what I’m doing.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
A few times. Morning and night. Then anytime I use the bathroom. But, I don’t check myself all the time.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
When I was a kid, I legitimately thought that babies were born out of people’s butts. I was convinced that was how birth worked.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Eh, I don’t know? I don’t really consider any of my pleasures guilty. I like what I like and that isn’t necessarily what other people like.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Definitely my mom. We’re tight on cash in my house — lots of financial stuff has happened over the last two years — but she always gives me money when I need it and she can spare a bit.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I only read Google News. And, I got so burnt out on news during the 2016 and 2017 news cycle. If I’m reading the news, I’m usually reading about TV shows, celebrities, and other things like that.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Spiders. Hate those things.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
Engage! I’m very comfortable with conflict and I have no problem getting into it with someone. If I have a problem, 9/10 I’ll be telling you.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
I think it was my mom telling me how grateful she is that I pull my own weight and then some in the house. My dad’s having knee surgery today (!!!) so I’m having to step up even more to make sure that what he does around the house is covered.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
I don’t think I’m tired of hearing any questions. At least, none immediately pop into mind!
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
When I was 13ish, my dad let me eat pâté. I’ll never forgive him for it.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
A mixture of both? I have Chantel, who is definitely my best friend. Then I have two other friends I’ve known from childhood and I’m still close with. Another close friend is in my master’s program with me. But, then I have a whole lot of acquaintances from the blog, bookstagram, Goodreads, etc.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Nope. Not that I know of.
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
London! I just have great memories of being there. Funny ones, too. But, I just love that city with all of my heart. I’ll definitely be going back one day.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Been there, done that. Given that I’m trans, I’ve already gone through a legal name change once. I’ve considered doing it again — I got rid of my old middle name but I regret it and wish I had kept it so I had two middle names; the old and the new — but I don’t need the expense and the hassle.
21. When was the last time you lied?
No clue. I do my best not to lie.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Tbh, how ignorant some people can be.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Hmm. Inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease. Maybe in my field, I’d like to be the creator of a therapy that helps people in a very applicable way.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
I really enjoy bookstagram! I have no interest in being a photographer, but I really enjoy taking pictures and editing them.
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
“Is it six already?” Usually, I wake up at 5 or 5:30. When the day this posts, I’ll probably be swearing about it being 4am or something. My dad has to be at the hospital for his surgery by 6:15.
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
Right now, I’m really into pop. So, I’d think Sucker by The Jonas Brothers.
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
I’m gonna do Chantel. Funny, sweet, hella gay, awkward.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I’d want to meet Anne Boleyn and ask her why she became queen. I want to know if she was the pursuer or if she was pursued and ugh. I have so many questions that I would want to ask her, though!
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
I have no clue. I don’t think I really resemble anyone famous!
30. What do you want me to know?
I want you to know that I love you and you’re awesome!
Wow, lots of questions there!
I’m going to tag:
Sam | Virginia | Laura
But that list isn’t exhaustive! As always, if you want to do this, feel free to! Just please link it back to me so I can read your answers.