Ages ago, Ally tagged me in this! This is a really unique tag, so I’m excited to see how this one goes. Especially since I don’t know the songs that Ally chose!
- Thank and link back to tagger.
- Credit to Daniel @ Page to Page
- Listen to tagger’s song requests! After you’re done listening to the three songs the person who tagged you has chosen, choose a book that you think best goes along with that song and tell us why you chose it!
- Request 3 songs of your own! Give any three songs (and your corresponding book choices that think go well with said song) you want for your taggers to listen and respond to!
- Tag 5 people!
1. California by Sons of the East
I don’t know why, but when I hear it, I think of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid! Maybe because of California and that just reminding me of Hollywood. But that’s my choice!
2. Truth Hurts by Lizzo
I don’t know why, but I’m going with The Wicked King by Holly Black. Truth fucking hurt for Cardan, for Jude, for everyone. It fits. I’m going with it. Just go with it and agree with me, okay?
3. Knockin’ Boots by Luke Bryan
Ally, how could you? The one song genre that I don’t like! (Okay, I have one exception, but this is not the song. Still, I listened and I’m going with How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake. It just gives me that summer-y vibes for whatever reason.
I’ve been in a big top hits mood this summer, so a couple of my choices will be from that! But, I’m also going to pick that one country song that I like because I guess I have to.
1. Bad Guy by Billie Eilish
For me, this gives me major Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin vibes. I have a feeling that Lou would really appreciate Billie Eilish.
2. Sucker by The Jonas Brothers
Okay, I’m going with The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles for this one. The MC was such a sucker for the love interest and ugh. It fits. Trust me. Don’t trust me? Read the book and agree with me.
3. Up On the Ridge by Dierks Bentley
Totally gives me that Old Gods vibe with American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I can just picture them getting high up on that ridge, dancing and singing. It’s a great song for it.
No pressure on any of you! I just found this tag super fun and unique!