The ever wonderful Virginia tagged me in this waaayyy back in April. Yes. That long ago. And then I scheduled it out on my calendar to July because that’s just how I am. So, thank you Virginia for tagging me even if it took me months!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
1. Which book character is the most like you?
Hm. I’ve always felt a certain kinship to Shadow from American Gods. He sees a lot of weird things (and has gone through a lot of shit) but just isn’t bothered anymore. The show kinda dulls that down, but the book is pure Shadow with him just not giving a shit.
2. Which book was your favourite read of 2019? (Of course we’re talking about the first quarter of 2019 here 😉
I actually keep a spreadsheet of bookish stuff each year, including a page for favorite books! So, looking over what I said were my favorites from January-April, I definitely think that The Hero of Ages is my favorite. If we’re looking at up to June, I’d like to add Radio Silence and The Dragon Republic!
3. Which books have made you laugh out loud?
Tbh, I laugh out loud pretty often when I read. Then I repeat the line that made me laugh out loud if it was a really good one. So, I don’t know which books have made me laugh.
4. Is there a book you hate with a fierce passion?
Y’all want to get me going, don’t you? I hate Shade of Magic series by Schwab. I think I hate it so much because it had such promise. And she fucking ruined it. (For me. I know it’s a very beloved series. I just hate it because it sucked ass.)
5. What’s the reason you started blogging?
My one word answer is: Chantel.
The longer answer is that Chantel wanted to start a blog but didn’t want to do it alone. I didn’t really want to start a blog because I already was doing pretty well over on Goodreads. But, she convinced me.
6. What is your favourite quote?
“I like to imagine that the world is one big machine. You know, machines never have any extra parts. They have the exact number and type of parts they need. So I figure if the entire world is a big machine, I have to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.”
It’s from The Invention of Hugo Cabret. I just love it. Highly, highly suggest the book.
7. Are you a mood reader or do you follow a list?
I’m a bit of both. As y’all know, I make a TBR each month. I base them off of my mood. If I start a book and don’t like it (or I’m not in the mood for it), I drop it and either DNF or just put it back in the pile to try again later.
I also read lots of books that I don’t include on my list. Just how it is.
8. Also do you prefer to read e-books or physical copies?
I don’t think that I have a preference? I like them both for different reasons! Some books, I need to hold in my hands. Some books, I’d prefer reading them on my phone. Also, e-copies are great because I can read them while at work when I’m cleaning nasty skates.
9. Your most anticipated read for this year?
Hm. I think that it’s going to be The Queen of Nothing. I didn’t expect to love the series as much as I have. And, now that it’s being published this year, I’m dying for it.
10. What are your goals for 2019 and did you already go through with them?
Kind of! I pick 10 books to read each year. Right now, I only have two left to get through. Then, I also decided to expand my reading taste into sci-fi, classics (love them but I don’t read enough of them), historical women, and horror (love it, but don’t read enough). I’m already done with sci-fi and classics. Still working on horror and historical women!
I also kinda make a mental goal of how many books I want to read that I own. That can be physical or e-copies. Just to bring that down and get rid of things I don’t need.
11. If you could go on a date with a book character, who would it be? ;-P
So, I have zero interest in dating. But, I’d totally want to get a coffee with Harry Potter or the above mentioned Shadow. Just to pick their brains about things!
I’m not going to tag anyone or create new questions! If you like Virginia’s questions, you should totally consider yourself tagged and do them. Be sure to tag us so we can read your answers!!