I swear that there was no June this year. I really do think that’s what happened. Because, it went so fast!! It felt like the first half of the month was preparing for Portland, then I was in Portland, then I was working on stuff for my second, and final, year of grad school.
Basically, a lot has been going on!
Along with that, I’m very excited to announce that I’m an affiliate for Book of the Month’s brand new YA line! If you already have BotM, you have to make a new one. If you don’t, you can sign up and choose exclusively from five YA selections for $14.99 each month. Tomorrow they’re announcing their July choices, which I’ll post about.
You can go to our bio/home page and there’s a link that’s mine. What does that mean? If you sign up through it, I get $10. I’d love it if you all could if that’s something you can afford and are inclined towards since it does help this blogger out a bit. Or, you can click here to give it a look! The July choices are pretty damn good!
But, enough promo for this post. Onto what I read!
I read 30 books this month! I’m pretty proud of that number. Even more proud that my average rating was 3.8! May was a super low month, 2.9, so I’m happy that it went up and I did a better job of choosing what I read.
Below are links to my reviews with the ratings.
Reviews on the Blog
- Contagion by Erin Bowman – 4/5
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim – 4/5
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman – 4.5/5
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin – 4/5
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang – 5/5 (Previously published in 2018!)
- Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser – 4/5
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman – 4/5
- If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio – 4/5
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang – 5/5
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – 5/5
- George by Alex Gino – 5/5
- As I Descended by Robin Talley – 4/5
- Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak – 4/5
Reviews on Goodreads
- Stay Sexy and Don’t Get Murdered by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark – 4.5/5
- Princesses: The Six Daughters of George III by Flora Fraser – 3/5
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo – DNF 1/5
- The Big Four by Agatha Christie – 3/5
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power – DNF 1/5
- The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie – 3/5
- The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold – 4/5
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flag – 4.5/5
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – 2.5/5
- Solitaire by Alice Oseman – 3/5
- Peril at End House by Agatha Christie – 4/5
- Recursion by Blake Crouch – 4/5
- This is How You End the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone – 3.5/5
- Dragonslayer by Duncan M. Hamilton – 3/5
Reviews to post in July
- If You See Her by Ania Ahlborn – 4.5/5
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman – 4/5
- Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley – 4/5
Thank you all for indulging my promo! I will be posting about that another time this month, just as a warning. I’m just really excited that BotM is taking this step and that they were amazing enough to let me be an affiliate.
What were your favorite books this month?
Have you heard about Book of the Month YA?