I feel like I need to say, yet again, that I take forever to do tags. That’s because I schedule things out, but I take a million years. Ally tagged me in this, so thank you to her! However, I have no idea about memes or what most of these mean. Because I’m a 60-year-old man inside.
Either way, let’s get to this!
1. YEET – which book would you yeet out of existence?
First, what the fuck is a yeet?? Someone explain in the comments.
Second, I’d choose Vanilla by Billy Merrell. This book pissed me off SO. MUCH. I don’t recommend it to anyone at all. Then, even worse, someone went on my review on Goodreads and was horrid to me. Definitely a book I never want to see again.
2. CRYING KIM K – which book gives you lots of feelings?
I know this meme! At least, I’ve seen the picture. Maybe I’m not old??
For me, it’s The Book Thief. Every single time I read it, I cry. It hurts so good.
3. AMERICA, EXPLAIN – favourite book set outside the US?
Wait, I know this one too!
Uhm. Hm. Gonna have to think for a bit. But, I think it’s going to be The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee. Ah, that book was great.
4. RIP VINE – your saddest character death?
Hmmmm. So many character deaths. (And, yes, RIP Vine. I miss you but now I have a million compilation videos to watch.) I think, for me, it was Fred Weasley. That one always kills me.
5. WHAT ARE THOSE? – a book that left you confused?
(Also, I knew this meme too.)
6. BIG DICK ENERGY – favourite character with BDE?
And we’re back to the point where I don’t know the meme.
But, my answer is either Evelyn Hugo or Harry Potter towards the end of the HP series. Easy. Boom. Done.
7. I WON’T HESITATE BITCH – favourite book with a morally grey protagonist?
I KNOW THIS ONE, TOO.
But, oh jeez. I think it’s going to be Jalan Kendeth from The Red Queen’s War trilogy. Although, tbh, anyone that Mark Lawrence writes is morally grey.
8. MOVE, I’M GAY – favourite book featuring a lgbtq+ romance
Don’t know the meme, but it sounds like Chantel.
I legit don’t know. I’m really thinking hard about this one because I should have something off the top of my head. I’m going to go with The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller at this moment, though.
9. STREET SMARTS – favourite book featuring a protagonist whose strength is their intelligence?
YES I KNOW THIS ONE. John Mulaney is hilarious.
But, y’all making me think with these questions. I’m going with Jorg Ancrath from The Broken Empire series. Or Evelyn Hugo.
10. ALEXA PLAY DESPACITO – character death you were happy about?
Tbh, Sirius Black. Never liked him. Oh, and Snape. Although, I don’t know this meme…
11. THEN PERISH – a book you DNFed?
Don’t know this meme.
But, like, so many??? I’ve DNFed so many books. This year, I’ve already DNFed a few, although some won’t really get reviewed on here. But, so many books.
12. KERMIT SIPPING TEA – a book that makes a statement?
I think that Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kahn makes a statement about how ace people are the same as everyone else and can be very romantic, even if that book wasn’t one for me. Also, the girl power strength of The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy was fantastic.
13. SAME HAT – the character you relate to the most?
Chantel and I have done a million tags like these. I’m too lazy to find them, but you’d be able to if you wanted to. But, probably Harry Potter.
14. OH WORM – a book you didn’t expect to love?
Anything that’s YA fantasy is on that list. But, hm. I didn’t expect to love The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, but I definitely did.
15. SHREK – favourite book featuring mythical creatures?
I’m going away from HP and some other stuff to choose The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I was pleasantly surprised all around by that book!
Okay, that’s it. That’s the tag! And, I think we figured out that I don’t know most memes. I expected that.
But, I’m not going to tag anyone for this! If you find this tag fun, please feel free to do it and link it back to me!