I have to say, I’m not sorry to see the end of 2018.
This year has been so rough that I’m really glad that it’s over. Emotionally and financially, I’m ready and I’m welcoming the new year quite happily. I feel like 2019 will be a much better reading year and I’m making some fun plans I’ll be announcing soon!
But, let’s get on to the wrap-up.
This month, I read 21 books with an average rating of 3.4! I’m pretty proud of that. December was busier than I expected it to me. I also kind of hit a reading slump and DNFed a whole lot of ARCs after reading a little bit of them. Not enough to warrant a review, but enough that I knew the book wouldn’t be for me.
For this time, I’m just going to do a list. I’m too lazy to get pictures of all these!
- Henry’s Men by Tracy Borman – 4/5
- An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen – 4.5/5
- The Burglar by Thomas Perry – DNF 1/5
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins – DNF 1/5
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens – DNF 2/5
- The Great Mortality by John Kelly – 4/5
- Come November by Katrin van Dam – 4/5
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly – 4.5/5
- The Terror by Dan Simmons – 4.5/5
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee – 4/5
- Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak – DNF 1/5
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi – 1.5/5
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman – 4/5
- The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule – 4/5
- No Exit by Taylor Adams – 5/5
- The Ritual by Adam Nevill – DNF 1/5
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark – 5/5
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – 5/5
- Penguin Monarchs series: Henry VIII (4/5), Edward VI (4/5), and Mary I (3.5/5)
As y’all might notice, some of my reads weren’t on the blog. That’s because they were rereads or too short for me to review fully on here.
Are you looking forward to 2019?
What were some of your best books from this month?