Sunday, July 15, 2018
Does anyone else feel like this year is going by way too fast? It’s already mid-July! Anyway, today I started playing a new game. One that I’d never heard of before, but that’s just because I don’t keep up with newer games. Now that I have a PS4 Pro, however, I want to know what games are new and popular. So, I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Let me tell you, this game is amazing.
You know how like 5 years ago Skyrim was the coolest thing ever with the open world and dragons? Yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn blows Skyrim out of the water. This game is so complex and fun and difficult. I love every minute of it.
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
I actually read today. When I got home from work today, I had a burst of energy. Most of that energy went into listening to music but I ended up writing the next installment of The Soundtrack of My Life which was fantastic. I’m feeling really great about it and I can’t wait for everyone to read it on Saturday.
I don’t have much more to say tonight. I might read a bit more which will be recorded below, but other than that, it’s been a good day. I hope tomorrow is as good.
16 pages: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Harry fought a dragon, made up with Ron, and got sassy with Rita Skeeter. I definitely enjoyed the bit I read today at lunchtime. Now I don’t have to bitch about Ron and Harry fighting anymore. When Hermione burst out into tears and called them stupid, I related so much.
27 pages: The Book of Essie by Meghan Maclean Weir
- I may not be far into this book, but I’m not particularly interested in the plot.
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
6%: Anger Is a Gift by Mark Oshiro
- Every time I start reading this book, I get so engrossed in it. I wish I picked it up more because it’s really good and I’d like to get a review done eventually. I’ve said it before, but I feel like this book was released without fanfare despite the fact that it has a black, gay, protagonist whose love interest is Hispanic. Not to mention, it’s very emotionally charged and tense. I haven’t finished it yet, but I would definitely recommend it. It’s important and relevant.
Thursday, July 19, 2018
5%: Anger Is a Gift by Mark Oshiro
- Don’t have much more to add except Moss and Javier are so freaking adorable.
Saturday, July 21, 2018
I may not have gotten a lot of reading done this week, but the fact that I read at all is an achievement for me. Some people spend their weekends curled up with a nice book and then there’s me that spent all day playing The Last of Us. We all have our things. I think for me, the most important thing to realize is to not force myself to read. That never works. I have started carrying my Kindle everywhere again because if I have it with me, then I’m more likely to read. I also got an XL Book Beau so there are no excuses for me not having something to read (other than my phone) when I go out.
I can’t believe there are only ten days left in July; it’s just flown by so fast. The year will be over before we know it. Sometimes, I just wish time wouldn’t go by so quickly.
Total pages read this week: 43 + 11% of Anger Is a Gift (48% total)
- For me, any reading in a week is a win. Especially considering that I spent my weekend playing video games.