Back in early June, we were tagged by Brittany @ bookwormbrittanyy to do this tag! Thank you so much for the tag and interesting questions, Brittany! We always love your posts and your blog in general.
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Caidyn will be in blue.
Chantel will be in purple.
We’ve decided to start with our best posts since we want to get this whole bragging thing over with.
- Hogwarts House Tag; Gryffindor | Hufflepuff | Ravenclaw | Slytherin
- The BW Mid Year Tag
- Joint book reviews: The Song of Achilles and Circe
- Chantel’s posts: How to Make a Wish, We Are Okay, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Caidyn’s posts: Let’s Talk About Love and I Love Hannibal and why you should too
Three facts about us:
- I love collecting Funkos. Right now, I’m dying to get some more Stephen King ones.
- Chantel thinks that I have too many books.
- My favorite type of alcohol is wine.
- My nails grow really fast.
- My favorite food is potatoes.
- I’ve completely stopped drinking soda. (You didn’t tell me this???? Congrats!)
- What made you want to start your blog?
I’m pretty sure that we’ve discussed this before on the blog. But, we started the blog because of Chantel. She basically texted me about starting a blog together and I said yes. That same day, we set this up and the rest is history.
I was actually surprised by how quickly we got our blog together. It all so fast and yet here we are over a year later doing well. So, I’m proud of us.
Yo, I feel the same way. We just kind of decided to do it and then we stuck with it. I’ve started book blogs before and just failed because, well, I wasn’t motivated. I thought it was pointless because of Goodreads. But, well, this worked.
Having another person to hold me accountable is the reason it’s worked, honestly. Without a partner, this thing would’ve been dead on arrival.
Awwwww I’m your partner now???? cute.
Of course, you are.
- If you were deserted on an island, what three items would you want to have with you?
I’m assuming that this island has food and shelter with electricity and wifi, so I’ll leave those off my list. I think that I’d want to have my phone because I would be able to read a whole lot on it. Then, I’d also like my parents and friends. That way I won’t go insane. And, finally, wine.
I would like to have a pet, probably a dog for protection but I would take a cat too. I don’t think I would survive without another person with me. I may be introverted at times but companionship is something I need. Lastly, I’d say a boat so I can escape eventually.
Omg what if we were on the island together??? Although it might turn into like our hermit cabin thing where I become Hannibal.
We’ve already been over this and it doesn’t end well.
For a replay of our horrific discovery, you’d have to see our Q&A.
- Do you like to read books? If so, what’s your favorite genre?
No, I hate reading.
My favorite genre fluctuates a whole lot, but historical nonfiction, mystery, and horror are my usual favorites.
While I’d like to say my favorite genre is science-fiction or fantasy, it’s probably YA contemporary. I read a lot of it and I usually like it.
We’re so different.
- If you had to give advice to new bloggers who have similar content as yours, what would it be?
It’s hard as hell. It’s a lot of work. You have to be on top of it all the time. But, don’t give up. Keep going because it will get easier as you go.
It is so hard. I’m struggling as we speak to be as active as Caidyn and it doesn’t always happen, but you can’t let it fade into the background. You have to make sure you make time for it.
Oh yeah, definitely make time for it. Even if it’s an hour a day where you just catch up with liking posts, commenting on ones you feel inspired by, and then working on some of your stuff.
- (Because I really liked this question and think it is important to always think about) What makes you happy?
Hm. As I’m writing this, I have sleeping puppies next to me. So, they make me happy. Then, my family and friends make me happy. They know me and how to make me smile even when I’m in the worst mood.
I honestly don’t know. I was diagnosed as depressed in my mid-teens and I don’t know what would truly make me happy. I know that recently I’ve started feeling confident in myself. I think every day is full of little things that make me happy. Like, Watson being a sweetheart, or eating some good food, being around people I like, playing video games, watching a tv show. It’s those little things that make me happy and it’s not always the same thing.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Dogs or cats?
- What is one thing you want to do in your life?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What would be your perfect burger (or sandwich)?
Uhm, we finally decided to do this??? Wow. But, those we tagged, don’t feel pressure to do it! We just thought of your names and that you might like this!