Little do people know, but this whole thing started as Chantel asking Caidyn to read a book with her, then it evolved to a book club (which we gave the name BW Book Club as an inside joke), and then it turned into this blog. But, at its heart, is us reading books together. Books we want to read.
At the end of last year, we asked people on the blog and Goodreads to take a little survey. The most important part was giving us possible book titles that we could read together. Boy we got a lot. When we had everything listed out, it was around 10 pages long. So we weeded through and picked.
However, nearly halfway through the year, we’ve found that what we did really isn’t working for us. So, we’ve revised what we’re doing and made changes accordingly.
The rest of the year’s schedule is this:
- May: Circe by Madeline Miller
- June: Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
- July: Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- August: Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- September: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- October: Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady’s Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese Oneill
- November: The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- December: The Power by Naomi Alderman
We kept some that we liked and changed others. Most are changes. This choice was one we came to together and decided was for the best since we were coming to dread the books we would read together since they didn’t interest us.
So, that’s our announcement! Changes for the better because we want to read books that really call to us. We think these will be much better choices.