March is gone, April is here. So, as we’re sure you’re wondering, what did we do? Or maybe you’re not wondering that at all and are asking yourself why the hell we would wonder that. Or maybe you’re shaking your computer in frustration at our antics. I don’t know. We’ll stop putting words in your mouth.
Together, we read Spook by Mary Roach. We also kicked off our Harry Potter read with Sorcerer’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets. In April, we’re reading Six of Crows together (calm yourselves; we know that everyone loves this book) and continuing on with Prisoner of Azkaban. Along with that, we will also be reading our ARCs of The Unbinding of Mary Reade together!
Caidyn will be in blue.
Chantel will be in purple.
Like usual, I read many books. That shouldn’t surprise anyone.
I’m still currently reading And Then There Were Four by Nancy Werlin, a cheap knock-off of Christie with Emma. I’m DNFing it, so a review will be out very soon.
- What Happened by Hillary Clinton (rounded up from 4.5 on GR)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JKR (reread)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JKR (reread)
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (rounded up from 4.5 on GR)
- Daughters of the Winter Queen: Four Remarkable Sisters, the Crown of Bohemia, and the Enduring Legacy of Mary, Queen of Scots by Nancy Goldstone (ARC provided by publisher)
- Hades by Candice Fox (reread)
- All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages edited by Saudra Mitchell (rounded up from 3.75)
- Eden by Candice Fox (reread)
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire (rounded down from 4.5 on GR)
- Spook by Mary Roach (RTC!)
- Red Adam’s Lady by Grace Ingram (copy provided by publisher)
- The Plague by Kevin Chong (ARC provided by publisher)
- Lear: The Great Image of Authority by Harold Bloom (ARC provided by the publisher and rounded down from 1.5 on GR)
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (DNF and rounded down from 1.5 on GR)
So, those are my reads. I’m hoping to read the same amount of books in April. Maybe a little less, actually, because I’ll be back to work and not able to just laze around the house as much. Damn me for getting better after my surgery, right? (And if you have no clue what surgery I’m talking about, you can read my announcement here!)
I really didn’t think March was going to be worse than February, but ladies and gentlemen, it was. It was really bad. The only bright spot was re-reading Harry Potter. I was continually haunted by not writing my review for Fire Song as well as being in a reading slump. Not sure where it came from, but March was stressful. My hope is going forward things will be a bit less stressful but let’s be honest, it probably won’t be.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (re-read, also what the hell was I thinking rating this three stars???)
- Fire Song by Adam Garnet Jones (It took me forever to get my review for this out.)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Re-read)
- Take Your Medicine by Hannah Carmack
- Spook by Mary Roach (DNF but might come back to one day.)
As I said, not much here but I’m trying not to beat myself up about it because I would rather read when I feel like it than force myself when I don’t.